Sunday, September 25, 2011

This is the sound of Silence

I scream silence day by day.


from the start of this all i've swallowed my sadness.

from the begining of this all i've only cried in the corners.

from the first day i've tried to hide my torn heart.

from the begining of this all i've said sure whatever you say.


I scream silence everyday



My head yells to my heart to speak up you stupid girl.


But my heart yells back, no. It might hurt.


I scream silence day by day.


from the start of this i've tip toed around town


from the begining of this all i've been afraid of fear.


from this all happening i've taken in the tourment.


from the first day of this i've wallowed and let you walk on by.




I SCREAM silence everyday.


My mind wants to open my mouth and say how unfair this all is,


but my heart wants to break down and cry, afraid of making it worse.



So i scream my silence day by day.


Like a good little girl does.


keep it bottled up.


cause that way,


im the only one that has to deal with me...



why cant i just speak up...


when do i get my turn to speak,


when do i get a say in what happens..


when do i get to make a rule


when do i get to make you feel,


why cant i just say what i want too?


and i think i've realized why,


its because i am afraid of you...





Im afraid to make it worse,


Im scared to feel foolish.


Im afraid to be made fun of.


Im scared of what will be said.


Im afraid it wont make sense..


Im terrified you wont understand





I am scared that i will never speak up...


Why cant i just speak up...


Why must i scream my silence day by day?

No comments:

Post a Comment