Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Turn the page... No, Change the Book...

I am an author to my own story,
The characters i choose to write in, i dont even fully know,
But as i write my story, i learn them better,
Some are evolving, some are at a dead stop but one thing i do know about my characters,
They all effect me.
I write some good chapters and some bad,
I write some happy and a few more sad,
But i write them and feel them in my bones..
With each page i fill, a new memory told.

Unfortunately, sometimes an author slips up and creates a terrible story,
One that no one want to know...
Including the writer.

Unfortunately I am a writer who a has written a bad book,
So i must redeem.
The book i have written is a sad sad tale one of hurt and love and lies, cheating and anger and
hoping and longing, a book that sits on a shelf and no one wants to pick up or even dust off...
So i must be the author to fix my own story,
It is far to late to change the pages written,
Because i wrote with my red inked pen,
Inpossible to remove.

With all that has been written i cannot hope to change that story,
But i can write a new one.
I will not just simply add a new chapter to the last and call it good.
I must start over, completely over.
Close the covers of my smeared red ink hand and salty tear ridden pages.
And make a new book with the chapter i know i need to write.


I am an author writing my own book,
My own new book,
With good characters i know and trust,
With everything i need and want to create a beautiful story,
I wont be ashamed or afraid to share.
I am the Author to my own story,
With my first line already figured out...
Life is an adventure. You start it knowing nothing, then over time you learn where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment