Sunday, November 14, 2010

You are in my Shoe and Heart

The microwave beeped four times, and you took your cup out... you were smiling. Placing it on the tabel top. I showed you the chocolate mix in my favorite shiny can. One spoon full was mixed into your cup. "dont you want more?" i asked. you simply said "nope" and laughed a little as you sipped the hot water... then decided you did want maybe a little more. We both laughed...
I offered my home to you every day after school. And relentlesslly you came. Not becuase you didn't want to come. But for the reason you didnt want to intrude... But you would come and stay for a few hours just talking with me about the car wash, and how you would laugh at your silly old man of a boss.
We made chocolate chip cookies. You wore my lacrosse jacket cause we were freezing. You laughed uncontrollably when i spilled the twenty pounds of chips in the bowl and all over the counter and floor... You showed me something i still eat. with a big ol smile on that pretty face you told me of Mac and cheese with peas. We ate that every time we were together after school...
You came over to my house with a smile on christmas eve with a huge present for me. Laughing that contagious laugh when i took the paper off the box. For you had wrapped my present in a cat scratching post box, it was funny. Inside was my favorite gift of any i have recieved... a vintage bird cage. The door could not close. I hugged you for a long time after you told me to "never let anyone close that door."... i have never tried to close it...
I missed you, so i took a drive down to your house a half hour away, i picked you up. and we wandered around art city. Looking at all the quaint little statues around the town. We went to McDonalds... You ordered two apple pies and a vanilla ice cream cone. I ordered an M'M McFlurry. Us being us, we headed into the plastic play ground, passing the kids inside who looked at us like we were insane, maybe we were, but we ate and talked and smiled and laughed in that play house as we ate...
We went to the springville timpview state game together. You wore your red shirt you made in Mrs. Ormes sewing class. You painted blue on your face though. You kept on laughing as you cheered for both sides. Not wanting to be a traitor of any sorts. After the game you took pictures of me almost being arrested. Shreiks of laughed came from inside the car as you all watched me... We laughed all the way home...
At madisons we decorated sugar cookies, you of course had the most artistic cookies out of us all. Simple yet, beautiful. You wore your black and white vest, your bangs straight across your face and you looked stunning. We posed for cheesy picture of us and our cookies. You laughed when you looked at them. We were good at those cheesy faces.
The sleeping bags we brought in a laundry basket took us down the stairs. Laughing with each bumpy step. We slid down the stairs over and over. The bubble gum drink would quench our thirst after running up the stairs so many times. We got your mamma and pappa to do it with us. We all had pounding headaches after the hundred times of sliding down the stairs, so we all layed on the basement floor. Staring at the lights. Laughing about how silly that was... remembering when we used to do it as little kids... that night we were little kids in a big world, just having fun...
We put that suitcase in my backseat as we drove across the back roads looking for a place to burry it all... Both of us wearing skirts and sandals... We found a spot. Tucked in between the barn and the rail road. The shovels were long and heavy but we were determind. Digging and digging we made a deep hole, and put that suitcase inside. Shoving the dirt back over the top of the hole you said " you must burry your past"... and you were right... so we did...

You call me Steff fanny. I call you lexi loo in my shoe...

If i could say how much you made my life a bright and shining hope i would, but i owe you more than i can even say... Your life is hard your trials many... and sure i remember those hard times. The times i would cry on your shoulder as we sat out in the cold winter air. The time we went to the swings and you cried... you never cried... The days you felt like doing nothing but email... all the times we trusted one another. all the times we felt for eachother... But through it all you taught me the value of optimism... You had the weight of the world on your shoulder and all i could do was hold your hand through it all... but you showed me happiness in the mist of heartache. The smile on your face and the laughter in the air spoke to me so deeply and showed me two opposite things can co exsist... my heart will always hold the special place for you lexi loo... lexi loo in my shoe. dont give up girl. i am routing for you, and i know i am not alone... and neither are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment