Saturday, February 27, 2010

10 years

I once lived in this one place, actually i lived there for ten years of my little life i call mine. What a glorious place that was, Park city Utah, that glorious place. When i think of this place i used to call home so many emotions come flooding back, how i loved that place, how wonderful it was. But like every story, its not all good, so when i think of this place i cant help but see its weaknesses as well...

I was in 1st grade, i loved my sunflower jumper, black with yellow sunflowers all over, connected to the top was a denim jacket, i thought i was so cute in that, so i would wear that all over the place. with my hair in two little piggy tails everyday. Life consisted of my best friend in the whole world and me. My neighbor quinn. How i actually miss him, he was my side kick although he would say i were his, i really know how it was. Our favorite past time was my swingset in the backyard, that purple blue swingset was so fun, we would pretend it was our spaceship or our ship, or when it would rain we would build the " best rain fort" anyone had ever seen around it. In the summer, every day we would go grasshopper hunting, that was our favorite. Each of us holding our gatorade bottles just waiting until our hopper was inside. I cant even remember how many poor little things i drown or killed from lack of oxygen, food, or space to even stand on, but me and quinn where the best at finding them. If we got lucky we would get to go snake hunting with his dad. Those were my favorite days. I brought one home and i called it jim, my mom hated him so, quinn got to keep him. Sad day but i got over it. Life was full fun and i was having the time of my life just playing with my best friend, nothing else in the world mattered. Our bike compittions were always fun, skylar up the street would always win of course but my sister quinn and i would always try to ride faster than him or, go off more jumps than him, but we always lost. Dolly up the street had an electric car, that was were i felt on top of the world, driving in the barbie car i could probably run faster than, even at such a young age. My sister and i always enjoyed playing with our prized barbies, throwing them off the porch with bags tied to them letting them " go skydiving" haha oh how many barbies were killed in there heroic adventures. Quinn got a dog in 3rd grade, his name was zeke. Of course quinn and i were still inseperable, best friends forever. I was scared of that dog that was two times the size of me, i had good reason, he was mean. My best friend had to put a fence up in the yard. That was a very sad day. Our yards no longer touched in the backyard. We got seperated. Never the less we made it work. Winters were the best, endless sledding, skiing and snowboarding adventures in the backyard. We would pile snow over my porches 25 steps to create a slope or skiing or snowboarding or even sleeding. Cant even count how manytimes we sled into the neighbors window well, that was great fun, crying my eyes out stuck in the earth. Quinn would always help me out, he was wonderful. Atop of the many snow activities we would have, we also tried the barbies adventurous way of flying, my porch, 15 feet off the ground in my backyard, we would jump off the railing flipping and diving into the snow below, those were the days. One time Brittany Quinn and i went to the park on our bikes with blown up tubes around our boddies, that was a sight to see, it would have been faster to walk. The days back then passes with ease, the only thing i had to worry about after school was walking or rather running the two blocks home, before i peed my pants (even back then i hated school bathrooms). By 4th grade i realized that quinn and i were different genders. When his friends all started taking off there shirts, and i couldnt take my shirt off with them, i think that is when i realized i needed a girl to be friends with, and that is were avery hunter and kalina came into play. Kalina lived one street up from me, avery was in my class and so was hunter. Avery hunter and i became unseperable, best best best friends. I was always over at avery's. I think i miss her the most. That kind soul is one of a kind, a lucky man will someday sweep her off her feet and i hope to be there. She is still the same person i fell in love with, and that is the best part. She was my best friend for sure, we did everything together, hunter was always there but me and ave, were ALWAYS together. Country music, making up dances, msn, and so much more i can remember her like yesterday. Kalina and i always had to go to the park, i guess you could say that was our 'thing'. Our favorite thing to do was go to the pocket park, oh how sad that park truly was cause you shouldnt even call it a park. A lot that couldnt be sold so, they put some grass down, a big rock, and an overly sized sandbox. Now this sand box was mostly clay, and cat poop. But we still played there. I have no idea why, but we did. Maybe because it was only three houses down the road or maybe we thought the clay was fun who knows, but we were there all the time. If not at the park we would be at my house on the driveway, drawing roads on the cememt so that we could play on our scooters, and pretend like we could dive. Our lemonade stands were one of a kind. My house on being on a busy road at all we would perch at the end of my drive way with maybe 6 cups of lemonade. Determind that we would become rich charging 25 cents a glass. I think once we got 2 dollars. Best 6 hours of my life. Needless to say those didnt happen very offten. When i wasnt playing with my friends me and my sisters would go outside and play birds. Sweet irony i know but it was one of our favorites. We would build a nest out of grass, and most the time it was my neighbor candy's grass, she hated this game but we wouls still play it. Pick the longest grass and put it in a circle to create the nest, then fly around with your arms out and tweet. Great game. The few days that i wasn't outside playing i was inside. My house. I loved that house with all my might. Most days it was just me and my big sister home wathcing the little girls. Our parents always at the office, this part of life is were it was hard. Mom and dad weren't happy when they would come home. Tired, they used the rest of their enrgy at home yelling or arguing with one another. Our house never was very clean. My sisters and i incharge of cleaning you would only imagine the kind of clean we would do. This part of my life was sad, countless times can i remember crying myself to sleep, while my parents screamed in the backround to my sobs. Sometimes i just wished that it would stop, my sisters and i would protest sometimes and all sit on the stairs crying begging them to stop. Not every house is perfect, clearly and that is where my home was shaky. We are okay now. More than okay now but before was a different story. Around 6th grade i started to realize that life was more than bug hunting and parks. I now attended Ecker Hill Middle School. What a good school. I had just gotten out of my fat stage, and became obsessed with fashion. Clothes hats, scarfs, shoes, shoes and shoes. To releif my stress from home life i would go shopping with my shopping buddy kalina. That was fun. I wasted so much money. Early in the mornings kalina and i would go to park city bagel for breakfast then to booster juice, before catching the city bus to ride to school. I loved those days feeling so independent. 7th grade came and quinn and i were mortal enimies, i have no idea what happened. One of the things that i am least proud of, losing him as a friend. I went out with duncan alger, thought i was in love, but realized that no way was i very soon after i thought i was. In the winter would always go skiing with my skiing buddy alisa, who truly is and has been my friend for forever. 7th grade standing at the bus stop waiting for our bus 6 pink to take us to the ski resort. So independent. We would leave in the moring satrudays and come home evening, almost every saturday, alone. Some times i wonder now what i was doing at 13 riding all over the city with another 13 year old or my 10 year old sister. Oh well it was wonderful. I loved the city bus. 8th grade i moved up to the big school Treasure Mountain International Middle School. I was on top of my game at acedemics and i loved where i was at socially, everyone knew my name, that may sound snobby but i had a lot of friends. Joeseph Palmer was one of my best friends, we would talk on the phone for hours every night, talking about his swimming or anything really. And when i found out that half way through the year i would be moving to Provo Utah, i bawled my eyes out. He and alisa were the first to to know that i was leaving. Both were so sad they cried as well. I thought i loved joseph, but forced myself to stay away from that idea. I remember my first night in my new house. No furniture in my new bedroom, i sat down in the middle of it called joe joe and cried for 3 hours over the phone with him. One of my most memorable experiences. Provo utah was not my home, i was so sad to be leaving my home park city. And although it was so sad and hard at the time, i find that moving to provo has been the biggest blessing in my short life. Park City will stay with me forever and i will always love the memories but this is were i am supposed to be and i believe that provo is my home now. I love my home and would never move back to that town park city. Ten years of my life were lived there, but i never felt like i was living, despite the fact that their everyone is "living the life" i would rather stay here in my little happy valley and live my life the way i am. Thank you park city to all the wonderful memories you gave me but that was just a short little chapter in my book, im off to other places writing my story i can finally live.

No comments:

Post a Comment