Monday, December 21, 2009

Levels of Sight

steps.
steps.
steps.
climbing.
climbing.
climbing.
or
falling.
falling.
falling.
falling.
its sad
what has happened
my feelings
sorted out now
realize what
i once did
i put
you
high
high
so high
above me
so above me
until you were a
beautiful beautiful
thing to look up at
to see and look up to
cause i loved you i really
wanted you higher than me
cause you were so great. one
of my favorite things such an
inspiration to me and all i did.

Then time came between me
and my high high statue
and the beautiful thing
didnt seem as high
or as pretty
or even as
inspiring
but it
was
still
tall

Then one day i realized that you
Could never be the thing i once
looked up to like i once did
it just cant happen again
or at least not anytime
soon so i am gonna
bring you back to
my level so that
you can still be
a part of my
life because
i still want
you here
still need
to see that
face pretty face
i always looked up
to. always wanted to
have, i need you still
But i have to learn to
just keep you at the same
level and not place you high
high high above me and long to
do everything you once did cause
the fact is i dont want to do everything
you do anymore. but i need you still so
please come and stand by me i still want you.
even if you cant be that person high high high above me.

No comments:

Post a Comment