Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Glimmering Star

I have no desire to know what you own, what you live in, or what car you drive,
I don’t care if you are young or old, small, tall, skinny or fat.
I set aside the physical features of your body and face,
To me those things don’t determine beauty…

I have no desire to know what clothes you wear, or what color you die your hair,
I don’t care if you live in a box, on the street, or on a hill in a mansion,
I set aside the family you come from, and how much money you have.
To me those things don’t determine real beauty.

I have no desire to be like everyone else
I don’t care if I stand out,
I set aside what others think…
To me those things determine beauty.

I have no desire to stay down.
I don’t care if your afraid I get hurt, I want to help you,
I set aside gossip and learn the truth.
To me those things determine real beauty.

I have no desire to know the material, worldly things
I don’t care what you look like at all…
I set aside the looks and dig deeper
To find that real beauty we all have

I have a desire to know how you became to become you.
I care for what is tugging at your heartstrings
I make priority you.
I want to help.

Tell me the hardships you have over come
Tell all the things you are so very proud of
Share what you actually think
Be the person you have always wanted to be.

I want to learn
I want to know who you really are
I want to hear what you have to say
Show me
Show me that inner beauty.
It’s better than the fake material kind.
Material beauty is nice like a little shimmer of the sun,
But inner beauty is a star
You radiate and shine from a million miles away
Shine. Shine. Shine.
Show your inner beauty

Share
Shine
Show

No comments:

Post a Comment